Invite Templates contain all the information needed to send invites to contacts except the recipient details and the launch date / time.
Invite Templates include:
1. A Template Name - so that you can recognize the different Invite Templates you create and save
2. The invite email content, including subject line and body text. This body text also contains merge fields to insert event information and accept / decline buttons.
3. Registration Buttons you have created for your event (either a single one or any combination of Registration Buttons you have created - which will be presented as registration options to the invite recipient)
The reasons for Invite Templates are:
1. So that you can create multiple different formats of invites tailored for different recipients / recipient groups; for example you might want one Invite email to be written a certain way for VIP's and another for General Attendees. Or, in a hybrid event, you might want one Invite template that only allows recipients to register for the online meeting, and another which allows recipients to choose whether to attend in-person or online
2. So that you can save these formats and re-use them for different recipient(s) over and over again.
Creating Invite Templates
You can create as many Invite Templates as you like. In the Emails tab, Click 'Send Invite' then click the 'Create Invite Template' link to bring up the Invite Template panel:
1. Give your Invite Template a name (one you will recognize when you wish to select this template again later).
2. Check the subject line of the email invite is ok
3. Select which Registration Button(s) you want this template to contain. If your event only has one button (e.g. 'Register'), then select that button.
If your event contains multiple Registration Buttons, you can select as many of them as you wish; invitees who click the 'Accept' button in their invite email will be allowed to select their registration button preference before completing their acceptance. See example below for an in-person / online hybrid event:
4. Check that the email body content (including all event merge fields) is correct.
Once you have completed these steps you will see your Invite Template now appears in your Invite Templates list.